This week we are celebrating National Pension Tracing Day and, in this episode, Catherine is discussing how to find lost pensions.
In an online survey carried out by YouGov, researched showed that 1 in 5 people has a lost pension and 47% of people don’t know what their retirement savings are worth. It is ok to not know the value of your retirement savings, but it is important to know the details. Further research showed that 3 in 5 people don’t know the details of their pension and 2 in 5 don’t know how much the charges are on their pensions.
It is very easy to lose track of your retirement savings. Simple things like moving house and not updating your providers with the new details means that paperwork doesn’t arrive, and it is all too easy to forget about it.
The wonderful thing is that there are a few really easy steps that we can take to ensure that we have all of the information available to us to be prepared for retirement with ease.
How Do I Find a Lost Pension?
In this episode:
- What key information you need to be able to track lost pensions
- Top tips for finding pensions that you have forgotten about
- How out of date pension information can prevent your beneficiaries from accessing your hard earned retirement savings
- Why a pension may not necessarily be lost
- Details of how you can better equip yourself to manage and track your pensions and retirement savings
For more information click here – use code SCARYPENSIONS to get the entire course for just £31!
My Online Courses – Pensions Made Simple with Pension Checklist
Register for Catherine’s FREE Financial Coaching Masterclass
Join The Money Circle
To find your lost pensions, visit the Pension Tracing Service
Find the Money Closet document in The Money Circle